MP3 authoring in squeak?

John Hinsley johnhinsley at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Dec 7 17:11:39 UTC 2002

On Saturday 07 December 2002 9:25 am, Karl Ramberg wrote:
> Derek Brans wrote:
> > Has anyone seen any code for authoring mp3's?
>
> I think John M McIntosh <johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com>
> did some work on this. But the lisencing issue
> was a bit complicated.

Ogg Vorbis would be in most respects a better way to attack the issue (the
external libraries are available for just about every platform) -- I'm
convinced that it's both technically and audibly superior -- but raises (as
the "GPL is evil" lobby will point out) other potential licencing issues.

And, of course, the dunderheads who produce discrete Mp3 players all seem hell
bent on changing down a blind alley........

Cheers

John