[WinCE] Release candidate VM for PocketPC (iPAQ)

Yoshiki.Ohshima at acm.org Yoshiki.Ohshima at acm.org
Sun Dec 8 02:13:44 UTC 2002

  Russell,

> It sounds like this problem is more complicated then I expected!
>
> With a Genie enabled image on my desktop, this is what happens:
> (1) Click to position cursor (insertion point)
> (2) Draw letter
> (3) Blue hand-drawn letter dissapears, typed letter appears at insertion
> point
>
> When I transfer my image to my iPaq, this happens:
> (1) Tap to position cursor
> (2) Draw letter
> (3) Blue hand-drawn letter dissapears, as do half of the letters on the
> screen, typed letter appears at insertion point
>
> I think what is happening is that instead of inserting a character, I am
> highlighting characters from the insertion point to the start of my
> handwriting, then replacing those characters with the (newly recognised)
> character.  You can see this behaviour if you try to edit a block of
> text; it is not noticable if you try to add characters to the end of a
> piece of text.

  I don't see this problem in a 3.4a based image I have been using
last few days.  At a point somewhere from 3.2 to 3.4a, it seems that
the annoying "sticking window resizer" problem was fixed.  (Does
anyone knows the change set which fixed this?)  Maybe we're using
different version of image.

  Thank you for trying this out.  I usually try to ignore those
details until someone points it out:-)  This helps a lot.

-- Yoshiki