compile vm on linux

Jason Dufair jase at dufair.org
Tue Dec 10 15:07:40 UTC 2002

Bert Freudenberg wrote:

>On Tue, 10 Dec 2002, Jason Dufair wrote:
>

>>Hi all -
>>
>>I'm trying to compile a VM on my RedHat 7.2 box and am having some
>>success but seem to be running into a jam with the OpenGL calls.  I've
>>told VMMaker(Tool) to build B3DEnginePlugin and B3DAcceleratorPlugin,
>>

>Internal or external?

Internal.

>>but when it goes to link the whole shebang together, I'm getting various
>>"undefined reference to 'glGetError'" and the like.  I've installed
>>Mesa-devel rpm (3.4.2-10, to be exact).  Is there something else I need?
>>

>You also need libGL.so in some reachable location. You might try the most
>recent sources from http://www-sor.inria.fr/~piumarta/squeak/

Here's what I have:
jase at abby ~
$ locate libGL.so
/usr/lib/libGL.so.1.2.030402
/usr/lib/libGL.so.1
/usr/lib/libGL.so

>And pay attention to the output of the configure script, it might point at
>what's missing.

Ok - I can take a closer look.

>>I can compile without these plugins, but then I'm getting primitive
>>failures at various points as I work in a 3.4alpha image.
>>

>Even if you're not doing 3D?

Yeah.  I'm figuring that some of the buttons and things are making 3D
calls - It happens when I open the right hand flap or when I try to open
a new MpegPlayerMorph in world.

I'll tinker some more, though any other suggestions would be welcome.

Jason Dufair - jase at dufair.org
http://www.dufair.org/
"Being in politics is like being a football coach.
You have to be smart enough to understand the game,
and dumb enough to think it's important."
-- Eugene McCarthy