Breaking up the image

Stephane Ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Tue Dec 10 20:08:02 UTC 2002

Hi Daniel

I received well the plug message, but I'm really fighting with time, I
***really*** want to
finish my %^$^%$#$####### book.

The fact that we still have wonderland is really strange because I
remember having
created a registry entry for vrml and other, so I certainly missed some
of them :)))))

This is fun because there are classes I was even aware they were in the
system....:)

May be a useful stuff to do with spaghetti is to have the possibility
(I never look at it)
to ask: what if ....

- what if FileList is in a pakage that contains ContentsBrowser

- what if FileList is in a package that has the package containing
ContentsBrowser
as prereq.

I have the impression that this would be useful because what I see is
that from the list
only view of the classes seems at the wrong place.

On mardi, décembre 10, 2002, at 07:48  pm, Daniel Vainsencher wrote:

> Open up one of my explorers, and
> self at: #FileList
> yields -
> an IdentitySet(#Time #FileStream #FileDirectory #CRDisplayProperties
> #Preferences #Wonderland #OrderedCollection #FileList #ArchiveViewer
> #ProportionalLayout #StandardSystemView #View #StringHolder
> #BorderedSubpaneDividerMorph #PluggableListMorph #FillInTheBlank
> #ChangeSorter #PluggableButtonMorph #PluggableTextView #ZipArchive
> #PluggableButtonView #WonderlandEditor #SimpleServiceEntry
> #StandardFileMenu #WindowColorSpec #Date #AlignmentMorph #LayoutFrame
> #Cursor #Color #ParagraphEditor #Array #ChangeList #CRDictionary
> #String
> #WriteStream #SARInstaller #Clipboard #PluggableListView
> #PluggableTextMorph #FileContentsBrowser #SelectionMenu #SystemWindow
> #ServerDirectory)
>
> Of which, at a glance, these I find hard to justify:
> - SARInstaller
> - ArchiveViewer
> - ZipArchive
> - CRDictionary
> - CRDisplayProperties
> - ChangeList
> - ChangeSorter
> - WonderlandEditor
> - Wonderland
> - FileContentsBrowser

Exactly because I have the impression they could register.
FileList also -> self class.

Dr. Stéphane DUCASSE (ducasse at iam.unibe.ch)
http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~ducasse/