SAR Usage - WAS: [CGUI] new CGUIMenuMorph

goran.hultgren at bluefish.se goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
Wed Dec 11 07:49:40 UTC 2002

Ned Konz <ned at bike-nomad.com> wrote:
[SNIP
> > and how
> > do I integrate it in Squeakmap from Squeak inside (I don't want to
> > use the webinterface unless I have to)?
>
> I don't know. Have you looked at the SM interface?

Currently there is no other way. For adding package registrations and
updating them you simply need to use the web UI today - that was a
simplification I did to get this thing up and running - but don't worry,
I am working on eliminating the web UI.

In SM1.1 (maybe, or else it will be in 1.2) I will introduce the
capability of maintaining local state in *your* map which you can then
select to publish to another map - typically one of the masters that
SqueakFoundation will be running - or to another map below those, say a
company wide map for example.

This will demand quite a few smarts in the domain model since there are
a couple of potential conflict situations etc. But I think I have a
simple but effective "merge"-model figured out.

Anyway, "wait and ye shall receive" is my answer to most of the
questions regarding SM. :-)

SM1.1 will be very different, but I am making it more or less compatible
with the current API so the UIs should still work ok, even though they
will not offer the more advanced functionality from day one.

regards, Göran