Open source Physics for Croquet - (Viewpoints interested?)

Serge Stinckwich Serge.Stinckwich at info.unicaen.fr
Wed Dec 11 11:01:34 UTC 2002

On Tue, 10 Dec 2002 15:44:25 -0800
Darius Clarke <darius at inglang.com> wrote:

> Croquet "players",
>
> If the you are still looking for a physics engine for Croquet this one might
> meet your needs:
>
> Open Dynamics Engine
> http://q12.org/ode/ode.html
>
> "ODE is a free, industrial quality library for simulating articulated rigid
> body dynamics - for example ground vehicles, legged creatures, and moving
> objects in VR environments. It is fast, flexible, robust and platform
> independent, with advanced joints, contact with friction, and built-in
> collision detection."
>
> ODE is the Blender Foundation_s first choice among physics engines for Blender.
> http://www.blender.org
> Blender Conference 2002 proceedings
> http://www.blender.org/modules/bc2002/index.html
>
> ("Blender is the first and only fully integrated 3D creation suite allowing
> modeling, animation, rendering, post-production, interactive creation and
> playback with cross-platform compatibility - all in one tidy, easily
> downloadable package. Now Blender is Open Source.")

I have a students project who just start to work on a ODE plugin for Squeak. Look at :
http://www.iutc3.unicaen.fr/serge/187 (only in french sorry).
After the plugin, the next challenge is the proper integration of physics inside the existing B3D and Wonderland classes.

If others want to join the development or share ideas, you are welcome !

--
Serge Stinckwich                                         -< )  multiagent.com
Université de Caen>CNRS UMR 6072>GREYC>MAD                /~\  squeak.org