Template mechanisms...

Eric Scharff Eric.Scharff at Colorado.EDU
Thu Dec 12 00:29:23 UTC 2002

I happen to prefer the "pure" template mechanism of WebObjects (and
presumably Enhydra's XMLC) myself.  This is the style I've tried to use
given the Swiki's template mechanism.

One of my biggest problems with (my understanding of) the "code-based"
approach taken in SeaSide is simply that I end up with large literal
strings embedded in code, a style I despise even more than the opposite
(the JSP style).  My spelling is terrible, so I like templates that I can
spell-check, and spell-checking the Smalltalk code directly is usually
problematic.

Is there a decent technique for avoiding having huge string literals in
the "direct" code approach?

-Eric