Funding

Anthony Hannan ajh18 at cornell.edu
Thu Dec 12 21:33:01 UTC 2002

Ken Causey <ken at kencausey.com> wrote:
> Although I have not as yet made any money from using/developing with
> Squeak, I expect to in the future.  I have some hope that the work you
> are doing will aid me in that, so I'm willing to donate to you.  It is
> generally the case that I donate time to OS projects; I haven't yet been
> able to do much of that for Squeak.  So if you will setup a Paypal
> account or something of the sort I'm willing to send you US $100.  I'm
> by no means wealthy, but I fully believe in supporting open source
> projects however possible.

Thank you so much Ken.  This is very kind of you and a great gesture.
Maybe others with bigger pockets will follow your lead.  It would be great
if we could get Corporate sponsers.  I'll set up a Paypal account and let you
know.

> Alternatively, I would be even happier to give my $100.00 to a
> not-for-profit foundation which then in turns gives out grants.  It
> would be ideal if I could nominate a specific grant recipient with my
> donation.

I though the Squeak Foundation was intended to serve this role.

Thanks again,
Anthony