Install troubles with NetBSD 1.5.3

J B Bell cipher at eschatek.com
Fri Dec 13 03:04:17 UTC 2002

I'm trying to get Squeak installed on NetBSD 1.5.3 in order to run
Swiki.  After learning of the npsqueak problem I disabled that feature
and was able to compile and install it.  However, I did notice while
compiling that -DHEADLESS kept showing up.  As I feared, this seems to
make squeak always run in headless mode--not too useful for setting up
swiki!

Here are the options I used for configure:

../platforms/unix/config/configure --x-includes=/usr/X11R6/include \
--x-libraries=/usr/X11R6/lib --with-x --without-npsqueak

Looking over the configure script, there is an else clause that causes
the -DHEADLESS option to be inserted; I assume it's some kind of "and
if you just can't find any damn X stuff at all, go headless."
However, I never see any complaint about not finding X libraries, etc.

What might I be doing wrong?  Or, is this a bug?

--JB

--
"The net can be controlled from outside, and therefore, resistance must
be organized from outside."  --Hakim Bey