Automatic selection of '--all--'

John Brant brant at refactory.com
Wed Dec 18 20:59:25 UTC 2002

> From: squeak-dev-admin at lists.squeakfoundation.org [mailto:squeak-dev-
> admin at lists.squeakfoundation.org] On Behalf Of Stephane Ducasse
>
> I found the way of VW (not the default in the current version but you
> can set it this way)
> really good. When you do not select a category you see all the methods.
> This way you have both behavior. You have to select a real category to
> enter your method
> but you everything ***without*** clicking :)

You don't have to select a category to accept a method in VW7. When
accepting the text, it tries to parse it as a method. If it succeeds, then
it compiles the text as a method. Otherwise it assumes that it is a class
definition. There are some strings that could be parsed as methods and
expressions, but none of them look like a class definition.

John Brant