Automatic selection of '--all--'

Swan, Dean Dean_Swan at Mitel.COM
Wed Dec 18 21:06:47 UTC 2002

Guys,

	I don't know if this thread was instigated by my post of 25 November, and I haven't really had the time to spend on this as I intend, *BUT* the browser *IS* currently broken.  With the '--all--' category selected, and typing a new method into the edit pane, 'accept' should *NOT* give the weird error messages that it is giving.  They offer no clue, whatsoever as to what the *real* problem is.

	The browser used to create the 'as yet unclassified' category and add the new method.  This is the behavior that would reasonably be expected, as opposed to 'Nothing More Expected', or 'Unknown Variable', which is what it gives now depending on whether the new method has parameters or not.

	It would be great if Chris could fix the bug, since he's far more familiar with the code, but if somebody else doesn't fix it, I will.  The current state of affairs not only FORCES one to use method categories, it gives misleading, confusing, and JUST PLAIN WRONG error messages that give no hint as to what the real problem is.

	Sorry for flaming here, but breaking something like this that used to work should just be embarrassing.  The automatic selection of '--all--' is nice, but the behavior prior to this "enhancement" did not give useless error messages if you tried to add a new method when the '--all--' category is selected.  There is nothing about the '--all--' category that ever made me think I should not be able to add a new method to it.

					-Dean Swan