TimeStamp is part of SM?

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Fri Dec 20 00:51:54 UTC 2002

On Thu, Dec 19, 2002 at 11:59:43PM +0100, tblanchard at mac.com wrote:

> Are we expecting to add TimeStamp to the base image in 3.4?  It seems
> awfully useful.  If so, are there plans to introduce timezone support?

FWIW, see TimeZone at http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/1076. I haven't
touched it in a couple of years, but it still works fine in Squeak 3.4.

This was my attempt to contribute to the grand millenium hoop-de-doo. I
think it hold up better than some of the other work that was undertaken
in support of the Y2K scam.

Dave

p.s. In anticipation of your next question: Yes, of course leap seconds
are supported. How could you possibly hope to do a proper timestamp without
accounting for leap seconds? ;)