Specializing TestRunner

WILLIAMS Dominic D.WILLIAMS at csee-transport.fr
Fri Dec 20 10:52:12 UTC 2002

Hello,

I am new to this list and relatively new to Squeak.

I am trying to specialize the TestRunner so that it only lists the TestCases of my development project. I have subclassed TestRunner thus:

TestRunner subclass: #XProjectUnitRunner

... and redefined the gatherTestNames method thus:

gatherTestNames

 | theNames |
 theNames _ (TestCase allSubclasses select: [:each | each category = 'XProject-Unit']) asOrderedCollection.
 ^theNames

Unfortunately, when I attempt to open this runner:

runner _ XProjectUnitRunner new openAsMorph

I get a MessageNotUnderstood: asStringOrText by one of the meta classes of one of my subclasses of TestCase...

1) Any ideas why this happens? (The testcases work fine with the orginal TestRunner class...)

2) Is there another easy way to get what I want (a test runner that only lists TestCase subclasses that are in a particular category).

Thanks for your help,

Dominic Williams.

Vous êtes à la recherche d'une méthodologie de
développement logiciel souple, humaine et efficace?
Découvrez "L'eXtreme Programming",
Editions Eyrolles, ISBN: 2-212-11051-0