[Q] Connectors labels (was [Q] perform: selector)

David Faught dave_faught at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 20 20:56:11 UTC 2002

On Friday 20 December 2002 09:15 am, Ned Konz wrote:
>David, are you using Connectors still? There isn't a general purpose
>Morph #addLabel: method.
>
>#addLabel: on NCConnectorMorph takes an event, not a string.
>
>If you just want to add a label with an arbitrary string, you could
>use #addLabel:at: or #addLabel:near: and pass the connector's
>midpoint (or end, or whatever) as the point.

Ned, I meant to ask you, why do only the NCConnectorMorph objects have
the #addlabel:near: and #addLabel:at: methods?  In more general terms,
why would I want to label only the connections in a schematic drawing
and not the things that are being connected?

I thought about this earlier, but just went ahead and defined the
methods in my own subclasses.  I suppose I could just as easily have
done it once for the Morph class.