[BUG][3.4b-5156] Cannot load project correctly that has JPEG SketchMorph

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Fri Dec 20 22:34:54 UTC 2002

On Friday 20 December 2002 01:20 pm, Michael Rueger wrote:

> The culprit is the change to the filename method which now replace
> the "/" with the platform slash. Which doesn't do anything on *ix,
> but breaks code using archive member file names on the other
> platforms.

I see the following methods where the use of fileName is probably
causing a problem:

ResourceManager>>loadResource: urlString fromCacheFileNamed: fileName
in: dir
ResourceManager>>preLoadFromArchive: aZipArchive cacheName: aFileName

> Ned, what was your intention in that change?

To make the interface between zips and local directories better; to
make the API handle local filenames without having to do explicit
translations (i.e. memberNamed: now looks at rawFileName and then
fileName).

In retrospect, though, I should have left fileName alone and added
localFileName and localFileName: in the places that needed it.

> Should we have two
> different methods, one returning the unmodified name and the other
> the plaform specific one?

We do.
#rawFileName is the '/' separated one,
and #fileName is the local filename version.

However, I'd like to change it to #fileName and #localFileName so as
not to break the ResourceManager and ServerDirectory code.

Let me work on this. I'll test on Mac and Windows.
--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com