Failing SUnit tests in 3.4b

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Sat Dec 21 07:15:38 UTC 2002

On Friday, December 20, 2002, at 09:36  PM, Ned Konz wrote:

>> Anyway, I seem to remember something on the list around the time of
>> the FileDirectory fixes, about a change still needing to be made in
>> the VM, or in the tests, or something. :-)
>
> Yes, we need a VM fix for the Mac. The problem is that the Mac VM
> caches its lookup for directory entries, and doesn't invalidate the
> cache after you delete a directory. I submitted a(n untested) fix for
> the Mac VM, but I don't know if it was incorporated.

I'll look into that. for 3.4.0b3

> On Windows 2000 (3.2.3 VM / Tea 1.8 VM):
> ----------------
> 1 failed:
> TestUUIDPrimitives>>testCreationRandom  (this failure was also in 3.2)

Mmm the testCreateRandom runs only if
	(UUID new asString last: 12) = (UUID new asString last: 12)
is false, because I consider that if two UUID have the same last 12
octets then we must have a NIC card about.
However I've heard that some flavors of Windows one-way hash the UUID
so that  regular folks cann't backtract to
a particular nic. So I'm wondering what thouse two UUID being generated
are would be. So could you send me a couple
from the problem machine?

Now for testCreationNodeBased  I've heard of that failing because it
seems Microsoft extended the UUID standard. They just use a different
UUID version stamp for which I've not seen any documentation for.
===