Croquet ARB_imaging

Bert Freudenberg bert at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de
Sat Dec 21 22:15:22 UTC 2002

Am Samstag, 21.12.02 um 22:09 Uhr schrieb Joshua 'Schwa' Gargus:
> I was wondering how to access the OpenGL ARB_imaging functions from
> withing Croquet.  Whenever I try, I get the error "Unable to find
> function address".  I used glGetString(GL_EXTENSIONS) to verify that
> GL_ARB_imaging is supported.  I thing that the problem is the
> opengl32.dll doesn't provide the appropriate hooks (stupid Microsoft),
> even though NVIDIA's driver implements the functionality.

For all OpenGL extension functions, you have to get a function pointer
yourself using the wglGetProcAddress() function. (glXGetProcAddress on
X, don't know on Mac). On Windows, you even have to get the OpenGL 1.3
and 1.4 functions this way since Microsoft did not update their
bindings in years.

-- Bert