[ENH] TimeZone aware TimeStamp w/ ISO 8601 support

tblanchard at mac.com tblanchard at mac.com
Sat Dec 21 23:25:18 UTC 2002

Be Gentle - its my first submission and the first bit of Smalltalk I've
done in years.

This is basically David T Lewis's TimeZoneDatabase stuff with some
extra support for prompting the user to select a timezone and extra
logic that only loads all the timezones when the user is prompted to
select a timezone.  Otherwise it only keeps two zones in memory - yours
and the Zulu zone.  In addition, there is a bunch of glue that consists
of:

* Added ISO 8601 read and write support to Date and Time.
* This package also includes a modified version of the TimeStamp class
that comes with SqueakMap.  The new TimeStamp has been gutted and made
timezone aware.  It is entirely implemented in terms of PointInTime.
Thus, if you change your timezone, all of your timestamps will update
accordingly.

TimeStamp also has support for reading/writing ISO 8601 format
timestamps and consequently it is now safe to compare timestamps that
were generated on different machines because they all reference the
same base time.