Failing SUnit tests in 3.4b

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Sun Dec 22 04:02:20 UTC 2002

Thanks  Phil.

Who ever is correcting the UUIDGenerator>>makeUnixSeed code might want
revisit that to understand why this walkback occurs.

Error: Improper store into indexable object
21 December 2002 3:38:14 pm

VM: unix - Squeak3.4beta of '1 December 2002' [latest update: #5138]
Image: Squeak3.4beta [latest update: #5156]

LargePositiveInteger(Object)>>error:
	Receiver: 713706752
	Arguments and temporary variables:
		aString: 	'Improper store into indexable object'
	Receiver's instance variables:
713706752
LargePositiveInteger(Object)>>errorImproperStore
	Receiver: 713706752
	Arguments and temporary variables:

	Receiver's instance variables:
713706752
LargePositiveInteger(Object)>>at:put:
	Receiver: 713706752
	Arguments and temporary variables:
		index: 	1
		value: 	nil
	Receiver's instance variables:
713706752
LargePositiveInteger>>digitAt:put:
	Receiver: 713706752
	Arguments and temporary variables:
		index: 	1
		value: 	nil
	Receiver's instance variables:
713706752

--- The full stack ---
LargePositiveInteger(Object)>>error:
LargePositiveInteger(Object)>>errorImproperStore
LargePositiveInteger(Object)>>at:put:
LargePositiveInteger>>digitAt:put:
Integer class>>byte1:byte2:byte3:byte4:
[] in UUIDGenerator>>makeUnixSeed
BlockContext>>ifCurtailed:
UUIDGenerator>>makeUnixSeed
UUIDGenerator>>makeSeed
UUIDGenerator>>setupRandom

On Saturday, December 21, 2002, at 12:44  PM, Phil Hargett wrote:

> Okay, strangely, when I repeat just the TestUUIDPrimitives test suite
> but
> itself, I achieve different results on different runs.  After a few
> repetitions (where I did see all succeed), I did see
> TestUUIDPrimitives>>testDuplicationsKinda fail 2 out of 3 times.  I'm
> attaching the stack trace that I filed out from a debugger showing the
> error.
>
> Hope this helps!
>
> On Sat, 21 Dec 2002, John M McIntosh wrote:
>

>> On Saturday, December 21, 2002, at 04:41  AM, Phil Hargett wrote:
>>> 	TestUUIDPrimitives>>testCreation
>>> 	TestUUIDPrimitives>>testDuplicationsKinda
>>
>> Phil exactly what are the errors you are seeing in these
>>
>>> TestUUIDPrimitives>>testCreation
>>
>> just does UUID new and some sanity checks. So we need to know what the
>> walkback you are getting is.
>>
>> --
>> ==
>> ===