[ANN] GLORP Port 0.2.18 on SqueakMap

Nevin Pratt nevin at smalltalkpro.com
Mon Dec 23 08:29:47 UTC 2002

The latest GLORP, version 0.2.18, is now available from SqueakMap.  It
has been tested on Squeak3.4beta, update #5156.

Other than the Squeak port available here, GLORP version 0.2.18 is
currently ONLY available on the Cincom Public Repository for
VisualWorks.    And, it is the very latest (as of 12/23/02).  Hence,
Squeak and VisualWorks have the latest GLORP, while Dolphin and
VisualAge are a bit behind.

This port uses Yanni Jew's PostgreSQL driver 0.8.1 (actually, it uses
0.8.1 that Yanni emailed to me, so I assume he will release it in the
same form that he emailed it to me).  This is also the very latest
PostgreSQL driver (as of 12/23/02).  This port will install the driver
for you.  This GLORP port WILL NOT WORK with any earlier PostgreSQL
driver, hence it is HIGHLY recommended that you use the driver that this
port wants to install!

A preliminary 91 page GlorpUserGuide.pdf can be downloaded from:

   http://www.smalltalkpro.com/downloads/3.Tools/GlorpUserGuide.pdf.gz

I am committed to keeping the GLORP port current and bug free on Squeak,
so let me know if you have any problems.

nevin at smalltalkpro.com