File path problems and Pocket PC

Carl Gundel carlg at libertybasic.com
Sun Dec 29 01:46:32 UTC 2002

Hey all!

For performance reasons, I am using Squeak 2.8 on my Audiovox Maestro Pocket
PC.  I am having a problem resolving file paths, I think.  When it starts up
it cannot find the source file, even though it is definitely there.  It also
gives me an error "For some reason, this file cannot be read" when I try to
examine any file in the File List window.  The path to my operating
directory is '\Storage Card\squeak\' which is where I put everything
including the VM.

The TinySqueak image doesn't have this problem (it's based on Squeak v3.0).
Is this a known problem with v2.8 and Windows CE?  I'm digging into this
now, and if I can figure it out, I'll be sure to let you all know.  Just in
case someone already knows, where should I look to fix this?

Thanks,

-Carl