Pocket PC Performance

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Mon Dec 30 04:54:48 UTC 2002

"Andreas Raab" <andreas.raab at gmx.de> is claimed by the authorities to have written:

> Personally, my feeling is "half and half" here. Yes, there could be a
> problem with the mcache size as well as the speed of the full method
> lookup. But then, it's _really_ hard to tell without hard numbers.
The only hard numbers we currently have in this area relate to the
mcache changes proposed by scott wossname a while ago. We did a series
of tests on just about every platform available (including my Acorn,
with the same cpu etc as the pocketpc stuff) and found no measurable
improvements. Of course, this only demonstrates that we found no
improvements with that particular change and those particular tests, but
it's at least circumstantial evidence.

tim

Useful random insult:- His data bus stops for red lights.