[BUG]BlockClosures [BC]

Anthony Hannan ajh18 at cornell.edu
Fri Feb 1 04:04:05 UTC 2002

cmuller at kc.rr.com wrote:
> A possible bug w/ the BlockClosures.  When attempting to select a frame
> in the intro-debugger CompiledMethod2>>sourceRange attempts to send
> #subsectionRange to the variable "trailer", which is apparently supposed
> to be a String but in this case it is an Interval (41 to: 131).
>
> I think it is attempting to select text in the text pane of the
> debugger.  In Debugger>>#pcRange, a couple of frames back, it has the
> following code:
>
> 	self selectedContext isBlockContext ifTrue: [
> 		methodNode _ methodNode blockNodeFor: self selectedContext method].
>
> I *did* select a block-closure stack frame (e.g., it begins with "[...]
> from MyClass>>myMethod...").
>
> Is this a bug?

Yes, but if you recompile your home method I think it will fix it.  The
block's method trailer is supposed to point to it source via a
RemoteStringSection but for some reason it isn't getting set all the
way.  Before it turns into a RemoteStringSection it holds its source
range, which is what your seeing.  I will fix this soon.

I have been working on speeding up the block closure version even more
(without adding other enhancements like Scott's method cache
enhancements).  I will post the new version soon with some fixes.

Cheers,
Anthony

PS. Thank you for the Squeaker of the year nomination