AW: AW: -- Whats this 'AW:' mean?

Cees de Groot cg at home.cdegroot.com
Sat Feb 2 09:54:42 UTC 2002

I agree. Given, of course, that English is not a majority language in this
world, we really should settle on either Chinese or Spanish for the subject...

(did that sound sarcastic? Well, it was meant to. Go to large parts of the
worlds, and people will *not* understand English and - justifiably - have no
sympathy at all with such views. I fail to see why Germans should generally
use something they don't understand when they send mails just in case that
someone somewhere in the USofA is inconvenienced because his mailreader
doesn't follow in-reply-to when threading.... Really, everyone in Germany
understands 'Antwort'. If there's one thing to complain about, it is that the
related RFC's are lacking here which apparently necessitates the Re/AW/...
thingies in Subject: lines).

--
Cees de Groot               http://www.cdegroot.com     <cg at cdegroot.com>