Command/control key mapping

Doug Way dway at riskmetrics.com
Sat Feb 2 23:24:13 UTC 2002

Ned Konz wrote:

> On Friday 01 February 2002 09:04 pm, Doug Way wrote:
>
> > Which reminds me, do Linux apps typically use ctrl-x/c/v etc. for
> > cut/copy/paste etc.?  I'm guessing not, I remember when I used SGI/Irix the
> > apps (e.g. Netscape) tended to support emacs-like editing commands by
> > default instead.
>
> KDE does. They're "inspired" by Windoze...

Ah.  That might indicate that we probably wouldn't want to put something like the ctrl-alt swap in the VM (for Windows), since some Linux folks might like the capability too.

(It's kind of similar to the 2-button vs. 3-button mouse mapping... we have a Windows VM preference for it, but then there are some Linux users who want to be able to switch, and thus we also have that button-swapping changeset for the image, too.)

- Doug Way
  dway at riskmetrics.com