Antwoord: Squeak Internationalization (voorheen: Re: AW: AW: -- Whats this 'AW:' mean?)

Cees de Groot cg at home.cdegroot.com
Mon Feb 4 07:38:20 UTC 2002

Andreas Raab <Andreas.Raab at gmx.de> said:
>Even today, all you'd need is to give each selector a unique identity
>(e.g., instead of sending Symbols we should send Selectors which _have_
>a name; not _being_ a string) and at this point the only issue remaining
>is to map that into your default translation table. Off you go.

That would necessitate a full recompile, wouldn't it? I'm just asking because
it might be something that would be useful to do as a part of the upcoming
high-impact changes. A real pity I can't try it myself (I'm too short in time
to start digging into Squeak internals, hopefully in 6-9 months...).

--
Cees de Groot               http://www.cdegroot.com     <cg at cdegroot.com>