Bigger fonts + truetype font converter

Kris Gybels kris.gybels at vub.ac.be
Mon Feb 4 16:19:04 UTC 2002

Hi all,

Just a question on fonts in Squeak. I am trying to make a presentation
about Smalltalk to introduce it to students. Rather than making a
powerpoint presentation or whatever I was thinking on using a BookMorph
since that would allow me to easily show what code does during the
presentation. Unfortunately Squeak's default fonts are rather small for
using them in a presentation that is to be projected on the wall.

How can I get fonts bigger than the default set?

I tried installing new fonts using the truetype font converter:

TTFontReader installTTF: aPathAndFileNameOfaTTFfile asTextStyle:
#FontName sizes: #(12 14 16 18 20 24)

but the resulting font looked quite horrible. (the letters are there
alright but they seem to be composed of alternating black and white
pixels and I can't change the color of the text, wrong bith depth
perhaps?).

Anyone have any idea on fixing that?

Greets,
K. Gybels