Toch weer antwoord: RE: Antwoord: Squeak Internationalization (vo orheen: Re: AW: AW: -- Whats this 'AW:' mean?)

G.J.Tielemans at dinkel.utwente.nl G.J.Tielemans at dinkel.utwente.nl
Mon Feb 4 16:52:19 UTC 2002

Fun!, I did not know this page!

-----Original Message-----
From: Aaron J Reichow [mailto:reic0024 at d.umn.edu]
Sent: Monday, February 04, 2002 5:38 PM
To: 'squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org'
Subject: RE: Toch weer antwoord: RE: Antwoord: Squeak

On Mon, 4 Feb 2002, Jarvis, Robert P. (Contingent) wrote:

> > From: G.J.Tielemans at dinkel.utwente.nl
> > I think that I even can remember one Dutch word that could
> > not be translated
> >
> > in American English: gezellig.
>
> The obvious thing would be for English speakers to adopt "gezellig" into
the
> language.  In that vein, can you give us some idea of what "gezellig"
means?
> Does it have a counterpart in German or French?  (I'm not trying to be a
> smart-ass here, just trying to understand).

Have a look at:
http://itsdutch.com/f_gezel.html

Which aims to explain it for us English speakers.

Regards,
Aaron

  Aaron Reichow  ::  UMD ACM Pres  ::  http://www.d.umn.edu/~reic0024/
  "the question is no longer between violence and non-violence; It is
between non-violence and non-existence."  :: martin luther king junior