Bigger fonts + truetype font converter

John Hinsley jhinsley at telinco.co.uk
Mon Feb 4 18:28:42 UTC 2002

Kris Gybels wrote:

> >> Unfortunately Squeak's default fonts are rather small for
> >> using them in a presentation that is to be projected on the wall.
> >>
> >> How can I get fonts bigger than the default set?
> >
> > I'm not sure if you mean bigger than the single default font
> > (NewYork10) that is used initially for menus/lists/text. If so, try the
> > world menu/appearance/system fonts. You can pick larger sizes and/or
> > different fonts here. I should think NewYork24 would be large enough
> > for just about anything.
>
> Sorry I was not clear on that :) But I do mean bigger than what Squeak
> offers, not just the default font. 24pt is okay but still a bit small
> for a presentation, I would prefer a 32pt font or so ...

Given access to a Win 32 box you can try Andreas Raab's Windows DLL and
changeset. You'll find them in the archives as:

[ENH][Win32]RE: Font Support

(from 29/09/01)

I now have a few 90 point fonts in my image!

Cheers

John
--
They're afraid, very afraid......
According to CRN magazine, Microsoft staff discovering Linux in use