Bigger fonts + truetype font converter

Kris Gybels kris.gybels at vub.ac.be
Mon Feb 4 19:54:03 UTC 2002

> It's a feature, not a bug. :-)
>
> I think the lack of anything like modern font support in Squeak is a
> major deficiency, but there seems to be no way to use TrueType directly
> due to patent problems.

I was told that Squeak3.2 alpha has better support but that being an
alpha version I'd rather not use it :)

> I think that the splotchy results you get are a Mac/Squeak feature, at
> least that's what I get. On Windows, you should see something more
> realistic, but only for fonts 30 points and above.

I got the same results some months ago when I tried it on my linux
machine, never tried on windows though. The strange thing is that when I
do a "preview" of the font using a file browser (and then 'open truetype
font' or something from the menu) it looks ok, so I guess it must be
just some bug somewhere?? But I don't really have the time to go hunt
for it ...

> Sad, isn't it?

Very sad :(

S!