[FIX] via source forge updates

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Tue Feb 5 00:25:53 UTC 2002

"Andreas Raab" <Andreas.Raab at gmx.de> is claimed by the authorities to have written:

> Actually, trying to do this kind of meta-programming is rather pointless
> too. squeakInt64 and squeakFileOffsetType are completely unrelated, a
> system that has 64bit file support is not required to have intrinsic
> 64bit integers; it could always define a file offset like:
> typedef struct {
> 	unsigned int lo;
> 	unsigned int hi;
> } file_offset_t;
> and vice versa; a system that has 64bit integers may not have 64bit file
> support. Mixing up the two definition is just a bad idea.
Err, probably. I did actually suggest to John that squeak64Int be called
something that tied it more closely to the use in the squeak 64 bit
file offset arena so as to make it explicit. Using a structure as above
within squeak would probably make some of this a bit simpler.

tim

The next generation of computers will have a "Warranty Expired" interrupt.