Persistence & DTSTTCPW: ZODB clone?

Jimmie Houchin jhouchin at texoma.net
Wed Feb 6 03:36:04 UTC 2002

Hello Cees,

I've thought for a long time that a ZODB clone for Squeak would be a
wonderful thing.

Would this be a reasonably faithful port or would you attempt to make
changes?

It would be interesting to benchmark the two and see how they compare.

Pros
It would bring native persistence to Squeak.
If it is all Squeak it would be as cross platform as Squeak.
    I don't know if the ZODB works on Mac. I know Zope doesn't.
Would open doors for certain Squeak applications.

I can't help with the port, but do look forward to trying/using what
gets produced.

Like John said, it will be interesting to pair up with some of the
developing web services.

Let us know when there is something to play with.

Jimmie Houchin