Bug? WindowsVM or other problem?

John Hinsley jhinsley at telinco.co.uk
Wed Feb 6 19:33:18 UTC 2002

Tim Rowledge wrote:

> Trying
> 10000000 timeRepeat: [ Smalltalk beep]
> might also be interesting. My guess is that it will make a very long
> beeping noise rather than a lot of beeps. Let us know...

I tried it in Linux. Results are very strange. There's a more or less
continuous static warble interspaced with distinct pulses of beeps. I
suspect that the hardware (board speaker) might be having problems
keeping up.

Stranger yet, by hitting the user interupt I was able -- entirely by
accident -- to get XMMS playing an Echo and the Bunnymen track while
Squeak carried on beeping (when the interrupt was cancelled)!

Cheers

John
--
They're afraid, very afraid......
According to CRN magazine, Microsoft staff discovering Linux in use