[ALL] Stop talking....do it

ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Wed Feb 6 21:08:59 UTC 2002

on 6/02/02 3:56 PM, Cees de Groot at cg at home.cdegroot.com wrote:

> Stephane Ducasse <ducasse at iam.unibe.ch> said:
>> So I started to see some projects moving on so this is good, but I think
>> that we should move faster. So when is the deadline for having a war plan
>> for SqF? Should we propose some budgeted actions? Who is responsible for
>> that?
>>
> The war plan is that before we accept money, we incorporate SqF so that
> there is an entity to send the money to. The deadline for setting up SqF
> has been self-imposed by Dan and accepted by the rest and is in June
> (I would have to dig into the archives to see whether it was June 1 or
> June 30, I think the former).
>
> Incorporating is a tedious task. But as it seems you're so desparate to do
> something ;), please read all the XXX Foundation websites I collected
> on the SqF Swiki under 'Constitution' and add comments there on the
> applicability of the bylaws etcetera of these entities ;-). That's the most
> important step at the moment I think, to define the framework for SqF's rules
> and to make sure that whathever comes out, it fits with what we all think the
> Squeak Community should be and what SqF's role in it should be.

Ok I will do my best.
By the way, as soon as squeak 3.2 is ready, we will produce a cd containing
all the free and non-commercial cds. This can be a start for a squeak cd
distribution. We will need some beta testers and we will put an iso image on
our web page. This idea is that ESUG will duplicate this cd and people doing
demoes may have it for free to spread into students. This is an old version
of this cd that we distribute during demoes and that people got at last
ESUG.

Stef

Sorry to be impatient......