Wonderland - Loading actors

Steve Gilbert steven.l.gilbert at lmco.com
Thu Feb 7 00:49:14 UTC 2002

Daniel Erasmus wrote:

> I am trying to load actors into a Wonderland thought the halo menu- Load actors, it apparently loads no errors occur and the Actor is listed in the Wonderland object list, but no object is visible. Also actors that I know have sub-objects is simply listed without any sub-objects.
>
> I am using the latest 3.2gamma image and the big archive of actor models available for Alice.
>
> Anybody have any ideas what I am doing wrong?
>
> Thank you,
> Daniel

I discovered this last week as well, trying to read the stuff that is in
AliceObjects.zip.

Wonderland is "Really" broke when it comes to reading the old Alice .mdl
files. And no it's not because of trying to read the newer Alice file
types, this is on the old types such as Bunny.mdl and AliceLiddell.mdl
etc.

4434MDLReadFix of 16 October 2001 breaks the ability to read the old
Alice format.  If you don't believe me try to read in the Bunny.mdl
file. If you can revert to the version of Wonderland>>makeActorFrom:
preceding this fix then these old Alice formatted .mdl files will work.

Curiously, 3.1beta-4478 does not include the 4434 change set, and so
should work properly.

I'm working on a new fix now, that corrects the minor bug in the #4434
changeset. I'll send it out shortly.

Steve Gilbert