[Modules][MOD] about the clash of method extension

ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Thu Feb 7 20:01:48 UTC 2002

Hi henrick and other

While doing the registering list, I needed to have a class method initialize
that would be responible fo resgitering the tools to the filelist.

This is a problem since a tools may already have an initialize class method.
So manually editing the method is not a good solution for merging the two
initialize methods.

Now it came to me that the problem is easily solved by proposing a kind of
protocol (like in the loaded in envy or the post load action in VW) so that
we can specify action to be performed when a module is loaded.

Note that this solution does not say anything about the semantics of the
deltamodule. So henrik are the method in delat modules (class extentions)
able to mask an existing method (in Envy this is impossible, in VW it is).
Then can I with a delta module override the class definition. I hope not.

Stef