[Q] Command line session/ Java debugging

goran.hultgren at bluefish.se goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
Sat Feb 9 22:17:36 UTC 2002

Hannes Hirzel <hirzel at spw.unizh.ch> wrote:
[SNIP]
> What I'm looking for are the implementation possibilites for the
> following:
>
> - edit Java programs from within Squeak (an editor could easily be
>   based on a Workspace; I can build nice browsing possibilities)
> - run javac
> - run a debugging session: set breakpoints and collect information
>   on running Java programs.

Just wanted to mention that I have a bunch of classes for reading in a
Java source filetree
in Squeak, partial parse to find all class and interface relations plus
parse and build of complete
type dependency model (!) given dependency output from the Jikes
compiler (the best Java compiler IMHO).

It's actually meant as a code framework for defining and maintaining
modules and rules for dependencies
between modules in big Java projects.

It's under a BSD license. Mail me if interested and I can send it.

regards, Göran

PS. No <CSOTD> now, gotta run... DS