appropriate list

John Hinsley johnhinsley at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Feb 11 00:37:27 UTC 2002

On Sun, 10 Feb 2002, **Leigh** wrote:
> Hello....
>
> I've been perusing your frequent traffic for content
> and see that despite direction otherwise from one of
> the many Squeak web pages, that this list is not
> at my painfully newbie level.  I've created my first
> Squeak MVC...can someone please direct me to a
> mailing list for basic questions and/or a site with
> code?  I've been teaching myself using one of the
> Mark Guzdial books, but it is rather thin on concrete
> code examples.  Likewise, many of the tutorials stop
> short at anything beyond simple bank accounts and boxes.
>
> Many thanks, Leigh

Well. this _is_ the right list! It's true that it does sometimes get full of
stuff which isn't for newbies, even stuff that's completely incomprehensible to
90% of Squeak users, but it is the right list to post newbie questions to.
Squeak is pretty democratic and non-heirarchical. Just ask away.

There's plenty of code on the Swiki, but if you want more, any Squeak 80 book
will have plenty, most of which will either work out of the crate or with a
little tweaking.

Cheers

John

--
They're afraid, very afraid...... According to CRN magazine, Microsoft staff
discovering Linux in use will have now access to a special 'escalation' team.