[BC] MacroBenchmark fixes

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Mon Feb 11 21:18:29 UTC 2002

Anthony Hannan <ajh18 at cornell.edu> is claimed by the authorities to have written:

> > The hardest thing was that we are both clobbering class definitions...
>
> What do you mean?  How is BC clobbering class definitions?
Typically what happens is that two changesets include changes to class
definitions and the change written to the filein is of the style
 - Foo class now has these instance variables - change it!
rather than the more sensible seeming
 - Foo class had instance variable 'wibble' added
which wouldn't read on another similar change. I think it's a problem
that might be amenable to tool improvements

tim
A fool and his money are soon partying.