Smalltalk-72 [Was: threads]

David Simmons David.Simmons at smallscript.com
Sun Feb 17 21:34:31 UTC 2002

Alan,

Why was the Smalltalk-72 form abandoned/changed to create Smalltalk-80?

I just looked over the manual and it was fascinating. It looks like a
hybrid between scheme and half-a-dozen scripting languages that showed
up between the late-80's and early-90's.

Smalltalk-72 might well have been a very popular scripting language for
the internet 90's era.

-- Dave S. [SmallScript Corp]

SmallScript for the AOS & .NET Platforms
David.Simmons at SmallScript.com | http://www.smallscript.org