[Modules]Proposal of minimal module metainfo

goran.hultgren at bluefish.se goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
Mon Feb 18 15:52:03 UTC 2002

We need to agree on a minimal set of metainformation on modules.
It should be minimal but also rather easily extensible.
The metainformation should be included in the module (at least when on
disk).
Perhaps this information can be added by using the Annotations mechanism
- not sure.
This is what I have come up with sofar:

---
The first two are already in the Module class:
Name: The name of the module.
Version: The version of the module.

Then we could add these as a "meta card" using annotations:
Homepage: Url to homepage of module if applicable.
License: Url to license. Mandatory.