Problems building Squeak

Stephan Rudlof sr at evolgo.de
Mon Feb 18 18:49:19 UTC 2002

Dear John,

I have the similar problem building a Linux VM for
	Squeak3.2gamma#4743
, using Ian's sources
	Squeak-3.1a-4164pre1-src.tar.gz
doesn't work.

Using your changeset
	ConsolidateTo4744-JMM
hasn't helped.

Building a VM has worked with
	Squeak3.2alpha#4599
recently, but I want to release code for an actual VM now.

Do I have to start building with VMMaker now?
Are the Unix/Linux sources at SF compatible with your changes?

I have avoided using VMMaker so far, since I have worked at my block
closures implementation and wanted to avoid other new stuff as far as
possible to concentrate onto this - difficult - task. Now I want to publish
my results, but building a VM doesn't work anymore...

Any hints? Best would be a ready to go working Unix/Linux source tarball
compatible with Squeak3.2gamma#4743...

Greetings,

Stephan

--