[VM] [WIN32] [BUG] Adventures in building

PhiHo Hoang phiho.hoang at rogers.com
Sun Feb 17 03:41:33 UTC 2002

Hi Ross,

	I am not quite up to date with VMMaker. Also, my SqM is a bit
different so the directory layout is also a bit different.

> I then edited the .dsp file by hand to give it the correct path to the

> files.  I did not check for a good match between the files listed in
the
> .dsp and the actual directory.

	Or you can just 'Delete' that file (with wrong path) from the
project file through the 'Edit' menu , then right click on 'Source
Files' and 'Add Files..' to add that same file (name) by browsing to the
right location from within Visual Studio. I assume that you are using
the Squeak.dsp shipped with Windows VM 3.1A6.

> I'll close with an offer: If someone can tell me what kind of an MSVC
> project file or workspace is required, I might be able to write a VC
macro
> that would generate it appropriately (e.g., if the recipe is add all
*.c

	Or maybe you just want to do it programmatically, not through
the GUI.

	I found that MinGW make file is very convenient to build the VM
for any combination of internal, external plugins. With my makefile,
this is determined by proper define when invoking make.

	For VS, it is very cummbersome to switch a plugin from internal
to external. But for debugging, VS projects work much better and I tend
to build all plugins as external.

	Cheers,

	PhiHo.