[experimental][BCS][VM] Yet another block closure semantics implementation

Stephan Rudlof sr at evolgo.de
Tue Feb 19 08:31:15 UTC 2002

Dear Squeakers,

I have finished my - very personal - BCS implementation, see
	http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/1810
for a description and instructions to get it running.

It
- differs a lot from Anthony's approach,
- is not so ambitious conceptually, and
- is slower,
but in spite of this there are areas, where using it could make sense:
- step by step migration to full BCS semantics,
- running both semantics in parallel.

It is compatible with Squeak3.2gamma as with Squeak3.3alpha (just tested).

The hard semantic tests (thanks to Boris Gaertner and Rob Withers!) I know
are all running OK; if you should detect errors in the semantics, please
cry!

There is left - probably much - room for optimizations (and bug fixes ;-) ).

If there is some interest I could update the outdated
	Draft for Block Closure Semantics for Squeak
to match the released implementation (but give me some time then, I have to
work in my money making job...).

Greetings,

Stephan
--