Convenient Reading

Craig Latta Craig.Latta at NetJam.ORG
Wed Feb 20 00:14:30 UTC 2002

> What's the most convenient method of reading the messages of this
> list?

> Receiving emails is... inconvenient.  I currently use Mozilla for
> email.  If I specify individual emails, I get inundated with emails.
> If I specify daily summaries, it's not very convenient because I
> would prefer the messages to be threaded, like the usenet usegroups
> are.

	You can handle USENET-level volume, but not the Squeak list? That seems
odd. :)

	I just use a threaded reader with filtering, and put stuff into
subfolders if I get behind (or just delete it, since I can always search
for it later). As long the stuff I want to see doesn't get buried, I'm
happy. There would have to be about ten times as many new threads per
day here for that approach to break down (and at that point I'd just ask
Tim to summarize :). [*]

-C

	This sort of thing does occasionally happen... for example, I find out
what's worth paying attention to in alt.fan.frank-zappa by reading
alt.music.mike-keneally. :)

--
Craig Latta
composer and computer scientist