Win32 programming advice needed for OSProcess port

David Chase chase at world.std.com
Wed Feb 20 17:17:21 UTC 2002

At 10:52 AM 2/20/2002 -0500, David T. Lewis wrote:
>I am in the process of attempting a Win32 implementation of OSProcess.
>As a Windows newbie (I just bought a couple of books and downloaded the
>development tools from Andreas' site, but I have no experience yet),
>I could use some advice on the following:

I am only marginally better at this, but I did eventually
get a piece of code working (apparently correctly) that starts
another process and waits for its completion.  This is influenced
by what I read in various books, probably the same ones you are
using.  This code serves as a wrapper around a command, so that
you can figure out how a program is being invoked as a subprocess.

http://world.std.com/~chase/src/logrun.c

Note that this code does not redirect the I/O from the subprocess.

David Chase