[BC][FIX] Block Closures, Version 2 Fix

Anthony Hannan ajh18 at cornell.edu
Thu Feb 21 00:25:14 UTC 2002

Finally, with a help from John McIntosh, I figured out what was wrong
with BCv2.  Attached is a changeset you should file-in after
BCInterpreter-ajh.cs.  Don't forget to file-in
CGeneratorEnhancements-ajh.cs as well.  Then build the VM and run the
preconverted BC image (or your own converted image), then file in the
same updates from the BC page.

The bug was in Interpreter>>jumpBack.  I was pre-incrementing localIP
and adding to it in the same line.  I though the order within the line
would dictate to the compiler the correct order, but I guess for most
compilers except mine this was not good enough.  So I seperated the
pre-increment and the add into separate lines, and it worked on John's
machine.

I could not have debugged this without John's help.  He set me up with a
remote login to his machine and walked me through it (via AOL Instant
Messenger).  Cheers to John.

And thanks to the rest of you who tried again and again to get the
version running.  What a great community.

Thankfully,
Anthony