[ANN] updated Debian/x86 packages

Ross Boylan RossBoylan at stanfordalumni.org
Fri Feb 22 00:13:41 UTC 2002

On Mon, Feb 18, 2002 at 11:38:41AM -0400, Lex Spoon wrote:

> Also, sound works fine for me on OSS.  Did you ever have any luck with
> sound?  If not, could you try doing "strace -o log squeak
> myimage.image", doing something that makes a sound, and then emailing me
> the "log" file that is generated?  That would help track down what is
> going on.

I am getting sound, except for the case described in the next
paragraph.  So I think sound is OK.  My image seemed to be in some odd
state; even in windows it didn't have any sound until I executed the
example do it to play a reverb sound.  After that it worked.  Before
that, when I hit play in the piano roll on the "Fun With Music
Project" it wouldn't do anything--not only was it silent, but it
didn't even show it was scrolling.

The other thing that confused me is that there aren't any noises when
I delete a morph.  I'm guessing the default behavior was made more
quiet in some change set?  Or does this mean some other part of the
sound system is not working?