Modules and class... [ a off-topic question ?]

rallende at harlan.di.unc.edu.ar rallende at harlan.di.unc.edu.ar
Fri Feb 22 17:34:49 UTC 2002

On Fri, 22 Feb 2002 goran.hultgren at bluefish.se wrote:

> Luciano Notarfrancesco <lnotarfrancesco at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Just a few questions:
> >

> > Is there any reason for having so many modules? Or it's just a
> > consecuence of the automatic mapping from class categories to modules
>
> Could be.

What fo you think about the mapping wich speaks meyer, ie. class = module.

I'm doing a project for soft-engineering (undergraduate course) following
structured desing and we have problems when we want to see our modules
implemented in smalltalk.

Class = modules was directly for us (in our project) when we
designed/implemented ADT, but with user interfaces we had some
problems... that forced us to review the concept, sometimes we think
that it could be modules = categories or parts = modules (in vast
context).
Although we still believe that class = modules is not a bad idea, it's not
closed topic for us, and any idea about it will help...

thanks..
r.