[BUG] Project saving hangs

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Fri Feb 22 19:12:28 UTC 2002

On Friday 22 February 2002 11:02 am, Michael Rueger wrote:

> You only get the dangeling references when you have a project in the
> image when you distribute it. A trick to get rid of the external
> references is to just touch the image/form so it thinks it's changed and
> forgets about the original reference.

I did, in a sense, by deleting the GIF file (and/or moving the image to
another directory).

I could see it realizing that the GIF was no longer there. But for it to hang
in that situation is wrong.

Why, for instance, is a HTTPRequest trying to get the contents of something
whose URL is not HTTP? That is, this is what the stack looked like when it
hung:

HTTPRequest>>contents
        Receiver: a HTTPRequest
        Arguments and temporary variables:

        Receiver's instance variables:
                semaphore:      a Semaphore()
                url:    '3stageCharge.gif'
                content:        nil
                loader:         a HTTPLoader
                process:        nil

HTTPLoader>>retrieveContentsFor:
        Receiver: a HTTPLoader
        Arguments and temporary variables:
                url:    '3stageCharge.gif'
                request:        a HTTPRequest
        Receiver's instance variables:
                requests:       a SharedQueue
                downloads:      an OrderedCollection(a Process in nil)

ResourceCollector>>writeResourceForm:fromLocator:
        Receiver: a ResourceCollector
        Arguments and temporary variables:
                aForm:  Form(362x304x8)
                aLocator:       a ResourceLocator('3stageCharge.gif')
                fName:  '3stageCharge.gif'
                fStream:        nil
                url:    nil
                data:   nil
                stream:         nil
        Receiver's instance variables:
                stubMap:        an IdentityDictionary()
                originalMap:    an IdentityDictionary()
                locatorMap:     an IdentityDictionary(ColorForm(362x304x8)->a
ResourceLocator('3sta...etc...
                localDirectory:         UnixFileDirectory on
'/home/ned/Squeak/3.2/Squeaklets/WanderSta...etc...
                baseUrl:        'WanderStateDigrams-nk.001/'
                resourceDirectory:      nil
                internalStubs:  an IdentityDictionary(ColorForm(11x10x1)->a
DiskProxy
ColorForm(...etc...

--
Ned Konz